Family Specialist/Case Manager
Family Specialist/Case Manager - Uplift Family Services We are hiring for a part-time Family Specialist to support our North Tahoe Outpatient program. If you are in terested in being the difference in the lives of children and their families than this is the job for you.
Job Status: Part time
Education Level: High school education or GED required
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to write and speak in a grammatically correct manner required.
Other Specific Requirements
- Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
- Valid California Driver's license with two years of experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
- Within a team process, develops a strength based relationship with youth and caregivers. Intervenes with maladaptive behaviors while developing the youths strengths and interests.
- Responsible for linking to community resources and transferring skill sets to the caregiver.
- Does whatever it takes to meet the needs of the family in a strength based approach while also working to preserve the family unit.
- Helps to create permanent connections for youth and families.
- May search, locate, and engage family members for youth.
- Assists with transitioning kids to the lowest level of care.
- Works independently in the family’s home and in a variety of community and/or treatment settings.