Lead the local and independently-run United Way of Nevada County (UWNC) non-profit charitable organization to carry out the programs, goals, objectives, policies and decisions formulated by the UWNC Board of Directors and its Committees to address and impact Nevada County residents’ access to education, health and financial resources. Prefer college education and/or non-profit experience. Candidates must have a “team” mindset and should have experience in the following areas: leadership, project planning and execution, financial/budget planning, fundraising, and above all, a passion to serve the community members of Nevada County. Salaried position. Benefits negotiable. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the professional leadership and management of United Way of Nevada County, working with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to fulfill UWNC’s mission and seek attainment of its strategic goals according to UWNC’s bylaws, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors.
Essential duties and responsibilities include leadership, management, resource development, marketing/communications, and finance/operations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Board Administration and Support
· Partner with the Board of Directors to create, support, and implement UWNC strategies, policies and procedures, including bylaws, strategic plans, and community goals.
· Assist the Board in identifying and recruiting new Board members whose talents, backgrounds, commitment, and interests are congruent with the organization's needs and mission, particularly maintaining and strengthening connections to Nevada County businesses and diverse communities.
· Strive to meet organizational fundraising goals by researching and identifying funding sources, preparing and submitting proposals, and establishing and implementing strategies to approach and successfully secure the commitment of donors
· Research and prepare grant proposals, and other funding applications, as well as all necessary monitoring and reporting
· Lead the United Way of Nevada County (UWNC) to carry out the programs, goals, objectives, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors and its Committees to address and impact Nevada
County residents’ access to education, health and financial resources
· Execute existing UWNC programs in an effective manner to address residents’ access to education, health, and financial resources
· Develop and maintain partnerships with local organizations, other community funders and the business community to further the mission and goals of UWNC
· Develop, manage, and effectively involve volunteers to assist UWNC in addressing and impacting people's needs in Nevada County as well as the needs of UWNC
Community and Public Relations
· Develop and implement continuing communications and marketing programs to bring broad support and understanding of UWNC and its mission to the community it serves
Financial, Tax and Risk Management
· Ensure that all business and financial affairs of UWNC are conducted in accordance with all acceptable standards of business and regulatory agencies at the lowest cost possible, including implementation and maintenance of budgetary controls
· Maintain the organization’s fiscal health; ensure the UWNC adheres to a sustainable financial plan based on a Board-approved annual budget; ensure that the actual financial performance positively tracks budget and operating plans; foster and maintain an atmosphere of transparency and accountability in relation to UWNC’s financial goals
Preference for those with a four-year or advanced college degree and CEO/ED experience and/or leadership, financing, non-profit or fundraising experience or a combination of these qualifications
· Possess and demonstrate a strong desire for continuous improvement
· Education: BA or BA, would consider AA/AS with applicable experience
· Willingness To Travel: Approx. 10%
· Work Location: UWNC Office, Grass Valley, CA; remote, as necessary by ordinance or with Board approval