Animal Caretaker, Development Services Technician, Police Officer

THE TOWN OF TRUCKEE IS HIRING!   Truckee, CA   Part-time     Other
Posted on November 20, 2021
Apply Now

The Town of Truckee is hiring! Multiple Positions Available!

Animal Caretaker Full Time Open Until Filled $17.85/hour - $24.11/hour This position works in the Animal Services Division of the Police Department, and is responsible for the care of animals at the shelter. Typical duties include cleaning dog runs and cat housing, shelter janitorial duties, feeding and medicating animals, maintaining records of shelter animals, and socialization of animals. This position also assists with intake and redemption of animals, behavior assessments, and issuing of dog licenses. Irregular shifts, holiday, and weekend work is required.

Development Services Technician Full Time Application Deadline: 11/30/2021 5:00 pm $26.77/hour - $36.15/hour The Town of Truckee is seeking a full-time Development Services Technician who can perform a variety of technical and administrative duties in support of the Planning Division. A qualified candidate will be familiar with land use planning and development, be able to work on a variety of tasks with varying timelines, and enjoy working with the public. This position provides information and direction to the public on land use and development policies and regulations related to processes and requirements; reviews and processes land use applications and building permits; coordinates with other departments to identify and resolve land use-related issues and streamline workflow; uses specialized database/permit tracking management programs; and performs related work as required. Interest in GIS is a plus.

Police Officer (lateral) Full Time Open Until Filled $33.77/hour to $45.60/hour

THE DEPARTMENT Truckee Police Department, established in 2001, has 25 sworn officers that include patrol, detectives, and a School Resource Officer. Collateral assignments include FTO, dive team, seasonal boat patrol, and a host of instructor positions.

COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary range: $33.77/hour - $45.60/hour 7.5% Intermediate POST / 2.5% Advanced POST (Total 10%) 7.5% Shift Differential CalPERS Safety Retirement Plan either Classic (3.0% @ 55) or PEPRA (2.7% @ 57). Employee contribution rates will depend on the plan contract. CalPERS Anthem Blue Cross PORAC Health Insurance - option of retiree health benefits; also dental, vision, group life, voluntary life insurance and AFLAC available Vacation, sick leave and 13 paid holidays Uniforms and all safety equipment provided

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: At the time of application, candidates must: Be at least 21 years of age; Meet the minimum Peace Officer Selection Requirements established by the California Government Code and the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST); Have graduated from a California POST Regular Basic Course (academy) within the last three years, or possess a valid POST Requalification Course Certificate or; Possess a valid California POST Basic Course Waiver (BCW), or; Possess minimally a California POST Basic Certificate and have at least one year of general law enforcement experience within the previous three years. Lateral applicants must attach a copy of one of the above POST documents verifying eligibility to their employment application. (Applicants are encouraged to contact California POST for details on how to qualify.)

Seasonal Snow Removal (Landscape Maint Worker II) Temporary Open Until Filled $19.98/hour - $26.98/hour The Town of Truckee is seeking a temporary seasonal worker with our Public Works Department for winter snow removal at our facilities, trails and sidewalks. This position is from mid-November through March - weather dependent. The ideal candidate is able to weekends and holidays under adverse conditions and must be responsible and able to work in a skilled and independent manner without close supervision. This position must communicate well with supervisors, co-workers and the public. Experience operating various pieces of equipment used in the performance of snow removal is preferred.

Street Maintenance Worker II - Seasonal Snow Removal Temporary Open Until Filled $24.29/hour - $32.79/hour

This is a temporary seasonal position with our Public Works Department which typically goes from mid-November through the end of March; weather dependent. The ideal candidate is able to work nights, weekends, and holidays under adverse conditions. Candidate must be responsible and able to work in a skilled and independent manner without close supervision. Must communicate well with supervisors, co-workers and the public. Experience operating various pieces of heavy equipment used in the performance of street maintenance and snow removal preferred. Knowledge of Town road system a plus. The position requires a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License and employee will be part of the DOT Random Drug Testing Pool.