Family Self Sufficiency/Homeownership
Family Self-Sufficiency/Homeownership Coordinator
Purpose and Scope
To plan, direct and coordinate the work of the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Homeownership program in accordance with Federal, State, City and HACF regulations. Requires ability to assess situations and work independently using initiative, creativity and flexibility in meeting client needs. Position also performs case management services for additional smaller voucher programs. Works under the general supervision of the Housing Choice Voucher Program Supervisor.
1. Interpret Federal, State, City and HACF policies, procedures, and regulations to program participants regarding the Family Self-Sufficiency Program and the HCV Homeownership Program.
2. Recruit Public Housing residents and Housing Choice Voucher participants for the FSS program. Conduct individual or group orientations as needed to maintain a minimum caseload of 25 Public Housing participant families and 25 Housing Choice Voucher families.
3. Develop recruiting tools and forms to promote FSS and Homeownership programs to clients and to the community.
4. Conduct needs assessments, evaluate clients' support systems and educational needs, and refer families to proper service agencies. Coordinate case management services with other agencies with which the FSS participant family is involved and develop a procedure for coordinating those services.
5. Prepare Individual Training and Service Plan(s) for FSS clients. Execute FSS contracts with clients.
6. Perform ongoing advocacy and case management, meeting with clients as required.
7. Conduct peer group meetings and other group and individual activities for participating FSS families, including coordinating seminars, workshops, and educational opportunities for FSS families with appropriate supportive agencies in Frederick City and County as necessary.
8. Maintain appropriate records and files and keep progress reports of all families. Maintain history of base rent, current rents, escrow amounts, payments, and balances for each client. Keep log of all client contacts.
9. Review progress of FSS clients based on clients' needs, with minimum personal contact to be once monthly for the first year of the client's contract, every two months for the second year and quarterly thereafter until completion of the contract.
10. Meet with FSS clients in participants' homes once each quarter. Prepare quarterly written progress reports for each participant at quarterly FSS Coordinating Committee meetings.
11. Conduct interviews and certify participants for admission and continued occupancy. Coordinate the evaluation of units.
12. Perform case management services for all current HCV Homeownership voucher participants.
13. Perform case management services for 8 Project-Based voucher participants and 14 Moderate Rehabilitation voucher participants.
14. Follow any other requirements relating to job performance and activities and perform related duties as required.
Two years of college with a major in social work, community development, sociology, psychology, community organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years social work and administrative/coordination experience. Prefer experience and working knowledge with Frederick City and County social service network and knowledge of Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Counsel and advise the other HACF staff including but not limited to the Housing
- Management Coordinator, Community Initiatives Coordinator and Director of Housing.
- Maintain effective working relationships with HACF residents, Frederick City and Frederick County service agencies, and the general public.