Salary Range: $116,455 - $139,054
Portland Public Schools is the largest PK–12 school district in the state of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest with an enrollment of more than 49,000 students. As Oregon's biggest, most diverse urban district, Portland Public Schools is an integral part of the fabric of our city. We work closely with our local community colleges and universities, providing opportunities for professional development and lifelong learning. If you have experience in financial and business services, we would like for you to consider joining Portland Public Schools as the Director of our Budget Department.
The Budget Director reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a leader who searches for both the adaptive and technical opportunities to work across the District to provide guidance to build a culture of responsible fiscal management with a goal of more strategic use of District resources through the use of data analyses to foster cross-collaboration and promote transparency regarding District initiatives.
The Director will manage and coach the budget staff in activities essential to the development, preparation, review, analysis, evaluation, and administration of the District's budget. This will include overseeing staff not only in the tracking and monitoring of budget expenditures but also in the developing, modeling, and reviewing potential financial scenarios. The Director will also advise senior leaders regarding financial impacts of existing and proposed budgets and support the District's planning and prioritization efforts through the creation of a long-term financial forecast.
At PPS, every employee, despite having different roles, is an educator. Our mission is to provide rigorous, high-quality academic learning experiences that are inclusive and joyful. We disrupt racial inequities to create vibrant environments for every student to demonstrate excellence. We want someone who brings a commitment to racial equity, inclusion, and social justice. If your personal and professional goals align with our district's mission and educator values, we look forward to reviewing your resume, application, and cover letter.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Five years of experience developing, monitoring, analyzing, overseeing budgets in excess of $50 million in a full-service public agency or in the private sector
- Two years of supervising professional staff
Preferred but not Required
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Experience with financial software systems or ERPs in large complex organizations
- Experience working with various funding sources requiring different controls/restrictions
- Working in a diverse school district or in a culturally & linguistically diverse environment
- Certification as a governmental budget administrator through GFOA, ASBO, AABPA, or CPA, or similar
A Master's degree in one of the above-identified fields may substitute for two years of the required experience. Any other combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the candidate is likely to possess may be considered.
How To Apply: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job #23306