Custodial Lead, Student Activities Account Technician, Math Teacher
NUHS Nordic Ski Coach $5,312 stipend, 22/23 season, start 9/2022
- NJUHSD Custodial Lead, 8 hours/day, 12 months/year, $18.24-$25.75/hour depending on experience, plus degree stipend if applicable, benefits, leave, PERS, start asap
Responsible for supervision of custodians on the night shift and for the cleanliness and maintenance of school buildings.
UNDER SUPERVISION OF:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all general custodial duties, interior and exterior.
Sweeps, scrubs, mops and waxes floors
Dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork and metalwork
Empties and clean waste receptacles
Cleans restrooms, cafeteria, gyms, halls and classrooms
Washes walls and windows
Sweeps and washes walks
Replaces light bulbs; cleans blinds
Assists in moving and arranging furniture
2. Works in conjunction with the Operations Manager to assign custodial runs and duties.
3. Responsible for setting up night meetings/school events or other functions.
4. Is available for emergencies.
5. Disposes of trash daily; keeps the grounds clean at all times; empties trash cans in designated areas.
6. Assists Operations Manager with inventory and supply ordering.
7. Responsible for flags each day.
8. Knowledge of handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
9. Performs minor light maintenance, i.e. installs dispensers, tighten loose screws for safety.
10. Obtains substitutes as needed.
11. Assists with snow removal as needed including when called in after hours and on weekend to get the site ready for students.
12. Operates automated HVAC central climate control system.
13. Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience as a custodian, maintenance person or crew chief; school experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Performs arithmetic calculations at the level necessary for satisfactory job performance. Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to independently problem solve unique student and employer situations. Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
Valid California driver’s license with good driving record.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
General knowledge of first aid and CPR. Knowledge of OSHA regulations; MSDS recordkeeping; methods, materials and equipment used in custodial and minor maintenance work; supervision skills, knowledge of heating and cooling systems. Ability to operate a computer and related software. Demonstrate quality work and exceptional work habits.
Knowledge of carpentry, electricity, painting, mechanical, plumbing, general maintenance problems common to schools. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Trustee policies. Demonstrate quality work, exceptional work habits and quality crew supervisory skills, i.e. leading the crew by example at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear;
regularly use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tool, or controls;
frequently is required to reach with hands and arms;
occasionally required to sit;
frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward; and
frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails, and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 90 pounds such as bulk furniture. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreaser, and sprays.
The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job d
- NUHS Student Activities Account Technician, 8 hours/day, 11 months/year, $18.74-$26.34 DOE, plus degree stipend if applicable, benefits, leave, PERS, start 7/18/2022
- NUHS Math Teacher Full Time $53,665-$102,916/year, plus degree stipend if applicable (credit up to 10 years of experience on salary schedule), benefits, leave, STRS, start 8/11/2022