Board Secretary/Clerk & Administrative Services Assistant I
Nevada County Consolidated Fire District is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Board Secretary/Clerk Part-time $25.00/hour. This position performs administrative and clerical functions to support the Fire District Board. This position can work remotely but must attend Board meetings.
- Administrative Services Assistant I Part-time, $25.00/hour. This position performs a wide variety of general clerical duties to support the Fire District.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statement on duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Each individual in the classification does not necessarily perform all the duties listed. Employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level as required.
• Provide administrative support for the District such as typing, data entry, scheduling, answering the phones, and filing.
• Maintain records and logs of activities for a variety of services and programs, which may include basic accounting.
• Compile data and prepare reports and required.
• Maintain and enter information into databases.
• Answer telephones and provide information to callers or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Format, proofread, edit and distribute general and routine, correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents.
• Prepare logistics for meetings, workshops, and other district-sponsored events.
• Operate office equipment such as computer, fax machines, scanners, copiers and phone systems.
• Perform specialized functions in particular to the respective division (i.e., administration, board, finance, operations, prevention, etc.)
• Provide back-up assistance to other administrative positions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Administrative support and clerical procedures.
• Creating and/or formatting basic documents and forms.
• Filing and record keeping procedures.
• Preparation and maintenance of calendars, agendas, and schedules.
• Customer service and telephone techniques.
• Office practices, methods, procedures, and equipment.
• English language structure including correct English usage, rules of composition, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Basic office computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets and database managers.
• Basic mathematics
Skill and Ability:
• Perform specialized program and work for administrative support functions.
• Provide general information regarding District specific policies, practices, and protocols when assisting customers.
• Use computers for various applications such as database management or word processing.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and aid less experienced staff.
• Compile information and prepare accurate reports.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Deal tactfully and courteously with officials, the public, and District employees.
• Type 55 words per minute.
• Sort, file, organize, and maintain records.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Operate a variety of general office equipment.
• Interact tactfully and courteously with District personnel and the public, providing information and responding to concerns about the respective divisions and/or programs, policies, and functions.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or passing of the General Education Development (GED) test AND any combination of training and experience which would be two (2) years of experience in a full-time office position performing administrative support.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid California class C driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
Special training, education and/or certifications in administrative support related fields are highly desirable. Training in computerized software programs including Microsoft Office suite.
Work is performed in an office and meeting area environment, contact with staff, public and elected officials. The position is primarily sedentary but travel between work areas may be required. This position must be able to lift, push, and pull files, papers and documents weighing up to 25 pounds.