Branch Manager, Kitchen and Bath Design Center
ABOUT MODERN BUILDERS SUPPLY, INC.
MBS Interiors was born from a need to provide interior design solutions for homeowners, contractors and remodeling customers of Modern Builders Supply nearly twenty five years ago.
Our parent company, Modern Builders Supply Inc., was founded in 1944 as a distributor of building materials to remodelers and builders. While our focus was, in the beginning, primarily on exterior building products, it became clear there was a need for MBS to expand into INTERIOR products.
Now MBS Interiors is one of the strongest kitchen distributors in the Midwest, but we do more than just kitchens. We provide our customers with a complete design solution from space planning, cabinetry design and appliance selection to flooring options and plumbing collections.
Today, MBS has branches in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. In all, there are 26 distribution centers across 5 states making MBS the premier distributor in the Midwest.
As a Branch Manager, your primary role will be to supervise the day to day operations of our Design Center servicing builders, contractors and retail clients as well as providing hands-on customer service and sales direction by implementing corporate initiatives to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
Essential Functions of Position
- Direct designers to provide a high level of customer service
- Implement company operational directives, company policies and procedures
- Enforce employee compliance with corporate HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Hire, train, manage and develop branch team
- Communicate accountability and performance expectations of branch team
- Process payroll to corporate office
- Process and approve invoices for payment to A/P
- Generate weekly reports for Executive review
- Perform other duties as assigned
A successful Branch Manager candidate must be career-oriented, highly motivated, possess strong leadership skills, and have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business and management principles and practices
- Products and a basic knowledge of sales and customer service principles
- Computer programs such as MS Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Internet Explorer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate to different functions of the organization with the appropriate level of detail
- Active listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, asking appropriate questions and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Customer service – manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments
- Analyzing data and situations accurately with a strong attention to detail in order to develop the proper course of action needed to be taken
- Efficient problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Time management, prioritization and organization
- Understand customer needs by determining what is a true measure of satisfaction to that customer
- Build a strong team and develop positive, effecting working relationships among team members
- Provide specific and timely coaching and feedback to the team that helps ensure operational excellence as well as individual performance of a team member
- Assume a leadership role, enforce accountability while also motivating the team
- Learn in a fast paced and friendly environment
- Kitchen/Bath design and sales preferred
- Minimum of three years management experience
- Minimum of three years of progressive work experience in a customer service environment