Installation Technician-Cedar Rapids
The Installation Technician will perform basic and moderately advanced installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and business customers for ImOn Communications. Perform basic troubleshooting and repair for services from tap to consumer's electronic devices (TV, VCR, Modem, phone, etc.).
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair ImOn Communications services including set top box return from the tap to the connection of the customer´s equipment for single and multi-family dwellings including, as appropriate, all necessary wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware; install, troubleshoot and repair drops from tap to cable modem
- Educate customer on proper use of services
- Determine acceptability of service by using diagnostic software, performance testing tools or other appropriate methods of testing service; identify and repair leakage from the tap to the customer´s equipment.
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects (requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, and relocates; install additional outlets, and install or remove ImOn equipment; connect various options available with customer’s equipment per Company policy(s).
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete
- Monitor and record system, drop and in house leakage; maintain records including daily longs, gas sheets, etc. as required; properly record all required information on work orders, surveys, referrals, etc.
- Promote cable, Internet, and other Company services; educate the customer on channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other services that are available; represent Company as needed to collect payments and secure appropriate customer signatures; relay customer feedback
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others though example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Routine and other maintenance on company provided truck
- Keep company provided truck clean
- Report any damages to company provided truck.
- Company provided tools are issued to employee and if lost damage or stolen need to be reported immediately for replacement.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus:
- Relationship Management:
- Conflict Management: Planning, Prioritizing, and Goal Setting:
- Collaboration Skills,
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Learning Orientation
- Personal Effectiveness/ Credibility
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- NCTI or SCTE certification preferred.
- Valid Iowa Drivers License with a driving record that allows for you to be insured by ImOn’s insurance carrier.
Essential Physical Abilities
Requires the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision which permits the employee to operate equipment and tools.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and personal mobility which permits employee to operate equipment.
- Capable to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75+ pounds).
- Must accommodate various working conditions such as: Poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat, dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solution; work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night; work near power lines and electricity.
- Capable to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying 75+ pounds including tools and equipment, gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time.
- Employees must be able to use required personal protective equipment to adhere to safety requirements.
- Employees in this position must weigh within the safety weight requirements (250lbs without tools) to safely operate company ladders and bucket trucks which are essential to this position.