Tire Installer & Lube Technician
Tire Installer & Lube Technician - Grass Valley Goodyear Salary depending on experience, Full-time.
Tire Technician Responsibilities:
- Talking to the customer about any issues they are experiencing.
- Inspecting and assessing tire tread levels, wear patterns, valve quality, and overall health.
- Recommending appropriate repair treatment or replacement of tires.
- Repairing punctures and replacing faulty valves.
- Installing new tires.
- Balancing tires and completing wheel alignment procedures.
- Studding tires for snow use.
- Retreading tires for tractors and other off-road vehicles.
- Conducting inventory and maintaining equipment.
- Conducting road-side repairs.
Lube Technician Responsibilities:
- Applying lubricants to the moving parts of vehicle engines to prevent premature engine wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Lubricating wheel bearings to prevent excessive tire wear.
- Performing engine cleanings to prevent rust formation.
- Replacing cabin, fuel, air, and oil filters as required.
- Performing tire rotations to ensure even tire wear.
- Testing tire pressure and adding air as needed.
- Thoroughly inspecting customers’ vehicles for oil leaks.
- Making recommendations for additional servicing based on initial vehicle inspections.
- Notifying the Service Advisor when vehicle maintenance or servicing cannot be completed within scheduled timeframes.