Equipment Mechanic I/II
El Dorado County DOT is recruiting for two (2) Equipment Mechanic I/II positions in South Lake Tahoe. Do you have two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of vehicles and heavy construction equipment? Do you have a Class A or B driver's license?
*Successful completion of appropriate trade school or technical coursework in diesel or gasoline-powered mechanics may be substituted for the required work experience on a year for year basis to a maximum of one year.
Join the Department of Transportation as an Equipment Mechanic I/II to gain valuable experience in maintaining, repairing, and overhauling heavy and light road maintenance and construction equipment.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Perform skilled maintenance and repair of heavy and light equipment such as trucks, tractors, graders, and caterpillars; diagnose, repair, and overhaul gas and diesel engines.
- Re-line, rebush and rebuild cams, brake pots, valves, and related parts of braking systems.
- Perform major and minor repairs of rear suspension, walking beams, and torque arms.
- Repair and replace driveline components; overhaul rear ends, reduction power dividers, clutch assemblies, universal joints, drive shafts, and related components.
- Repair and maintain manual, automatic, and power shift transmissions, torque converters, and related components.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain vehicle air brakes, hydraulic systems, and associated power take-off equipment.
- Rebuild, repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, cylinders, control valves, motors, and related components.
- Diagnose and repair power and manual steering systems; electrical systems, starters, generators, and related systems, components, and parts.