Position Summary: The Forklift Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the forklift. For the purpose of stacking material, loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the facility in an efficient and safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of trailers safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for organizing material in the warehouse.
- Responsible for loading of product in supersacks or gaylord boxes for safe movement and storage.
- Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers and trash bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is always operationally ready to minimize down time.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must complete and pass OSHA's requirements for forklift certification (powered industrial truck) training as set forth in 29 CFR 1910.178.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior related experience in forklift operation.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to climb up and down stairs
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Circulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.