JOB TITLE: Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Essential to the BBBS brand, the primary function of this position is to provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the match process. This position is responsible for match support of each child and to ensure annual goals are achieved. This position needs to collaborate with other internal departments and advocate for support from community partners.
• Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or
potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum.
• Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow.
• Effectively utilize SOR and YOS assessments to asses match impact on youth growth
• Conduct exit interview by phone with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential. When match terminates pre-maturely or unexpectedly refer exit interview to supervisor for third party assessment.
• Responsible for communication between Community Partners (Child Protective Services and other community agencies) on matters of performance effectiveness, goal attainment, youth outcomes and child safety
• Assists in developing and implementing new program initiatives to expand the mentoring services or needs of the target community
• Ensures positive working relationships with Community Partners to educate them on the BBBSNS mission, promote involvement in the agency and gain financial support (as warranted)
• Responsible for assisting in the planning of program events.
• Assist with fundraising events.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Must have access to a reliable automobile; valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person, via the telephone; and high-level interviewing skills.
• Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations.
• Excellent time management and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft office; including word and excel
• Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
• Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
• Ability to relate well in multicultural environments
• Ability to effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff
Required Skills and Abilities
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Organizational Ability
• Results Oriented
• Promote Vision and Mission
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Ability to Prioritize
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Routine office environment
• Frequent independent travel (within County) to program sites and/ or for other program related needs
• Occasional nights and weekends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Your employment with BBBSNS is "at will," meaning that either you or BBBSNS may end your employment at any time and with or without cause.