Road Maintenance Worker II-CDL
Road Maintenance Worker II-CDL - Alpine County II ($19.25-$23.40) /hour
Under direction of the Road Maintenance Foreman to operate and maintain various light and heavy equipment in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads, bridges, and other public works within Alpine County with skill and safety. Perform tasks requiring specialized knowledge of road and bridge construction and maintenance methods.
The minimum age requirement for employment in this position is 21 years due to the California Vehicle Code which does not allow any persons under the age of 21 years to be engaged in interstate commerce and the position requires a California licensed driver to transport materials across the Nevada/California state line.
Level II - One year of experience as a Road Maintenance Worker I in Alpine County, or two years of general experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads.
Level II Must be in possession of a valid California/Nevada Commercial Drivers’ License Class “A” driver’s license
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for New Members
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Final Filing Date: Open until filled. EOE/ADA